After download Firefox does nothing when selected

naviator 09:36 17 Apr 09

Hourglass appears briefly then disappears. I notice that Internet Explorer is not replaced by Firefox although Firefox appears below it in the startup list after download.

After uninstalling it I find, through Search, that there are still many Mozilla Firefox files and folders still in the Systems files in C: drive. These cannot safely be removed as they do not appear on Control Panel.

Short of a completely new re-installation of XP I don't know what else can be done. Suggestions welcomed. The Mozilla forums do not offer a valid answer.

Graphicool1 09:49 17 Apr 09

Reinstall Firefox

naviator 10:22 17 Apr 09

Re-installing it was the obvious thing to do and I have done so a number of times with exactly the same result!

birdface 11:02 17 Apr 09

next time you reinstall it.Maybe remove it using this program.

click here

That should remove it all.Then try and reinstall it again.

naviator 12:36 17 Apr 09

Thank you - Revo Uninstaller seems so far to have done the trick and after using it once after downloading Firefox again I eventually, after downloading Firefox yet again, was able to make it work. However it has crashed for no apparent reason on previous occasions so for the time being I'll keep this open until absolutely sure it is working properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced