Affinity question

Madscot_uk 23:09 12 Feb 06

I run a folding at home app on my PC, click here. Wanting to maximise the efficiency of it, i run folding on on thread, and other processes on the other thread. Everytime i restart my Pc it resets the affinity to both cores.

Is there a way to set the affinity so it is remembered when i restart?

Cheers

Forum Editor 00:23 13 Feb 06

if you click here

gudgulf 00:54 13 Feb 06

The answer is no........you need to set processor affinty each time you start the pc.

To be honest,although setting affinity is supposed to make a difference I didn't find it made any difference when running two clients on a P4 Hyperthreading cpu.

If that's what you mean then there are compelling arguments for not running two cores on a hyperthreaded cpu....particularly when QMD units are available.

If you must then using the "-local flag" is enough to ensure the two units run efficiently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…