Affiliate opportunities - per click or per %

NOVICE ENABLED 20:37 05 Mar 04

Can anyone advise me on the best type of Affiliate program to join? Is it per click, per lead, %per sale etc.

Per lead/sale would at first appear to be the most profitable, but wouldn't MOST people simply click the ad on my page, view the merchant's site, and then book mark it for a later date, without making a purchase there and then - therefore cutting me out of any commission?

Has anyone had any success with this method?
Is it better to use per click programs?
Is there any bad payers/networks to avoid?

Any advice appreciated.

Forum Editor 00:11 06 Mar 04

hasn't been that exciting - you need an awful lot of clicks to make any kind of money out of it.

By far the best from my point of view has been Amazon - I haven't experienced any problem with people bookmarking, but then again I'm not likely to know am I? You can lose nothing by trying, so why not have a go with a couple? You can always ring the changes if you get no response.

Martinsonline 19:45 11 Mar 04

Any websites that use the commission method you mentioned store cookies in the client's computer, meaning that they will know that they got to their website through yours.

NOVICE ENABLED 20:08 11 Mar 04

Thanks for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…