AERO in Vista

bluto1 20:18 01 Oct 08

I don't even know if 'Aero` is the correct expression, but if there's some kind person around please explain what it is and if you know why is it not installed with Vista on all new computers?

Reason I ask is that very shortly I'm biting the bullet and buying a new PC with Vista XXXX.

XXXX really means unknown.

grey george 20:28 01 Oct 08

More info here click here
Home basic does not have areo, which if you follow the above link, you will see that aero is style of desktop presentation. It does look good but uses resourse, many power hungrey users turn it off.

chub_tor 20:34 01 Oct 08

I have Vista Home Premium which does include Aero presentation and personally I like it, especially the thumbnails in the task bar and Flip 3D. But as Grey George says it is resource hungry and you should go for a minimum 2Gb RAM and a dual core processor unless you like waiting for programmes to load and operate.

bluto1 20:34 01 Oct 08

Thanks a lot mate, that's explained it all. Resolved

bluto1 23:16 01 Oct 08

Please accept my apologies. I didn't see your post when I resolved. All good info especially about resource hungriness.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…