aerial problem

eccy92 11:07 15 Jul 06

I have recently purchased a
Leadtek Portable DVB-T USB2.0 TV Box from novatech. However the little aerial supplied isn't much good as I can't get a reception with it. Can anyone recommend a good strong indoor aerial that will able me to get a reception. It does work as I have connected it to the main outside aerial in the other room thanks for looking David
click here

Stuartli 11:18 15 Jul 06

An indoor aerial is unlikely to work very much better, if at all, than the supplied aerial.

Try running a coaxial cable from your main TV set's aerial lead via a two-way aerial amplifier - cost is about £10-£12. One aerial output will go to the TV and the other to your USB2.0 TV box.

It's the method I use for a PCI TV card and the length of the coaxial cable for it is about 60ft (it runs under the floorboards from the back room to the front room).

Smiler 11:29 15 Jul 06

Argos

click here

eccy92 17:44 15 Jul 06

Thanks will try running off the old aerial

Stuartli 18:07 15 Jul 06

You need a wideband aerial to receive all the terrestial digital transmissions (it's sometimes called a digital aerial as a marketing ploy).

davyjenks 14:52 15 Aug 06

If I tune in my digital tv card connected to my outside aeriel, I get lots of spot-on tv channels all working perfectly. BBC, SKY, Ch4, et al. However, the only ITV channel I can get is the dopey ITV Play,
Any ideas

Stuartli 15:05 15 Aug 06

This is currently a problem with computer system Freeview TV cards and is down to the signal transmissions on some muxes.

The most affected are the ITV and Channel 4 and 5 stations yet some of them, such as Film4 and E4+1 work OK.

By the way see this review of 32 different indoor aerials and note that the best costs only £9.99:

click here

eccy92 16:59 15 Aug 06

Thanks I bought a aerial extension kit and run it to the main aerial from my DVB-T USB2 tv box.on the roof and it seems to work ok know just can't get channels like uk gold it comes up I should recieve it but get no pictures I suppose this is because it is a pay channel also a little disapointed I can't get teletext other than that pleased with it thanks for your help

dms05 17:22 15 Aug 06

Stuartli - your link comes up 'out of date'.

Stuartli 17:59 15 Aug 06

You can't watch Pay channels on computer system Freeview although the station is/may be listed.

It's the same for Santanta and similar pay channels - these can only be used on a pay basis using a Freeview set top box.

dms05

Sorry about that. It seems to have been delisted - it was working this morning because I found it again from an e-mail message to an interested party sent about a fortnight ago...:-(

Stuartli 18:01 15 Aug 06

Try it again:

click here

Worked for me just now...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…