Aerial at Aldi Will it do for me ?

Giantsquid 22:57 17 Aug 03

Hello all,

I am after a Aerial for my PC so as to watch the telly and listen to Radio, don't fancy splitting from my main one and re-routing into another room where my comp is, so any suggestions please if you have used a stand alone one and have foud it good or acceptable.

Aldi are doing one next Thursday, after feedback I may buy one,

take care,
click here

Stuartli 23:16 17 Aug 03

Well even if it doesn't work - and there's no guarantee that it will - it will have cost less than £4.

I've a (new) Samsung 14in portable in the bedroom and the built-in V-telescopic aerial is useless, yet a standard portable type styled like an outdoor one delivers perfect pictures; you can buy them at discount stores for around the same price or a little more as the Aldi one.

Even so you are probably best, despite your opening paragraph, buying a twin output mains powered aerial booster and using it for both your main TV and the PC.

A strong signal is important and this method should provide one if your outdoor aerial delivers a good signal to the booster.

jakedawe 23:18 17 Aug 03

Can't find an Aerial on that site, but if you have a TV and radio card in your Comp. you may get OK reception on Analogue but unless you are pretty close to the transmitter you can forget Digital reception.

JJCUK 23:38 17 Aug 03

I agree with Stuartli, buy a booster and split your cable, I had a rubish reception om my PC for long enough until I decided to do it properly.
used a passive splitter and used various stand alones for long enough and quality was never very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…