Aerial at Aldi Will it do for me ?

Giantsquid 22:57 17 Aug 03

Hello all,

I am after a Aerial for my PC so as to watch the telly and listen to Radio, don't fancy splitting from my main one and re-routing into another room where my comp is, so any suggestions please if you have used a stand alone one and have foud it good or acceptable.

Aldi are doing one next Thursday, after feedback I may buy one,

take care,
click here

Stuartli 23:16 17 Aug 03

Well even if it doesn't work - and there's no guarantee that it will - it will have cost less than £4.

I've a (new) Samsung 14in portable in the bedroom and the built-in V-telescopic aerial is useless, yet a standard portable type styled like an outdoor one delivers perfect pictures; you can buy them at discount stores for around the same price or a little more as the Aldi one.

Even so you are probably best, despite your opening paragraph, buying a twin output mains powered aerial booster and using it for both your main TV and the PC.

A strong signal is important and this method should provide one if your outdoor aerial delivers a good signal to the booster.

jakedawe 23:18 17 Aug 03

Can't find an Aerial on that site, but if you have a TV and radio card in your Comp. you may get OK reception on Analogue but unless you are pretty close to the transmitter you can forget Digital reception.

JJCUK 23:38 17 Aug 03

I agree with Stuartli, buy a booster and split your cable, I had a rubish reception om my PC for long enough until I decided to do it properly.
used a passive splitter and used various stand alones for long enough and quality was never very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…