Adwere or moniter trouble

holligan 11:32 26 Feb 04

I had my moniter go off like no power in the button or anything it stayed off 30 mins.

when i turned back on it come on with safe mode i had a (adwere adgent t) i think was, was it that may have caused trouble or my moniter it is over 8 yrs old

Big Elf 11:36 26 Feb 04

It could be that your monitors on the way out. I don't understand the problem with AdAware though.

holligan 12:37 26 Feb 04

going pink and green the screen

Gongoozler 12:51 26 Feb 04

Hi holligan. A computer only coming up in Safe Mode is usually caused by a faulty device driver or a corrupt registry or ini file. This can be caused by adware or malware or whatever the malicious code is called. The monitor screen coming up in strange colours can be a faulty monitor, faulty graphics card, or (most commonly) the monitor cable not connecting properly. The first thing to try is removing the connector from the back of the computer and refitting it. If that doesn't help, try removing the graphics card and reseating it.

holligan 15:17 26 Feb 04

it was the cable a bit loose,it did say about the driver when it come on in safe mode cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…