the adwatch bit of adaware

end 10:12 15 Apr 04

I have adaware on here (and Guard IE); I am getting lots of updates FOR adaware(sometimes even two or threee in one day).have looked in adaware manual and cannot see what I am needing , so...the adwatch bit OF adaware...does it work soemthing like the "live " bit of Norton antivirus, watching for ads as they "arrive" at the computer; I have put a query into the search menue but nothing is there and do not think there is a thread on this elsewhere(is there???).If I do need to have it "live" thn ??I need to update to a different version, and which one????as the one I DO have is "free", how does the adwatch bit of adaware actually "work", what is it "job", and, if I ahve Guard IE "doing what it shoudl do" , do I need the actie bit of adaware???asking as there seem to be very frequent updates for it and wondering if the adwatch bit IS "necessary".......guidance folks please....and tas

Hax 11:32 15 Apr 04

Type Ad-Watch into the Search option of ad-aware help and it will give you all the information you need.

Ad-Watch is only available in the "paid for" versions of the application.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:46 15 Apr 04

It puts a icon in the system tray and starts with the pc it monitors your system processes and blocks possible hijack attempts on your browser.

end 10:11 17 Apr 04

it SOUNDs as thopugh ti works the same way as the Guard iE I hve on here, which blocks everything, except whaT i "allow", adn what I am thinign is to updater that to Guard, theres really little point IN my having the adwatch bit there????

hoverman 11:34 17 Apr 04

Sorry to butt in on your posting but I have Spywareguard and Ad-Watch running in the background. Since both will stop any browser hijack attempts, can anyone advise if it is necessary to have both running at the same time?

end 17:34 17 Apr 04

???how good IS Spywareguard?????as am wondering IF i DO need adaware and Guard IE together, as Guard IE blocks everythign apart from what I "allow"......

hoverman 18:45 17 Apr 04

Can't really say how good Spywareguard is. It just sits in the background so I assume it is doing the job it is supposed to do.

end 20:49 18 Apr 04

am closing this thread as I THINK my Guard IE is doing th work that is neded and blocks everythign,so.....thanks folks for the assist...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…