Adware.FavoriteMan

SLIMMERTIF 18:06 09 Feb 05

Hi there,

I have Norton AV - and it comes up with a threat from the above, and tells me that the compressed file is in a certain place. I have tried to locate the file, and cannot find it. I have used Ad-Aware to find anything - and it does, but it does not find or remove this particular threat. The Norton site explains that Adware.favoriteMan, installs itself as a browser Helper Object, and attempts to contact remote servers to download new executable content. Typically these programs are new adware components. It tells me that this program must be manually installed, and that therefore it has been installed by one of my kids and one of their internet games!! It goes on to say that when this component is removed from the system it will likely cause the program that installed it to not function. Personally I don't give a monkeys - all I want is this thing or rathter the two of them off my computer. As anyone any experience of this particular problem - and any odeas how to clean my system up.

Cheers

VoG II 18:17 09 Feb 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…