ADWARE PROBLEM - Adtools

Henmin 23:11 25 Feb 05

Hi there,

Please HELP!!

I think I have Big Problem. My weekly Schedule for Norton Antivirus was done a couple of hours ago and Three Risks were found and this is what it said –

AdTools.exe - Adware Win TaskAd - Adware found - At Risk
AdToolsComm.dll - Adware Win TaskAd - Adware
found - At Risk
AdToolsKeep.exe -Adware Win TaskAd - Adware found - At Risk

I have Norton Internet Security 2005. Norton Antivirus advised to Delete. I took that Option.

I got another Message – Delete Unsuccessful.

I Clicked one of the AdTools and got this –

What is AdTools Service?

AdTools Service is free ad delivery software which provides targeted advertising offers.

How did AdTools Service get installed on your computer?

You downloaded AdTools Service from a Website that is able to offer its content for free because it shows the AdTools Service ActiveX popup. The Wind Update program is installed only once the user has agreed on it by clicking on “yes”. Through the ActiveX, the user can review the license terms and privacy policy before installing the software. Each and every distributor is carefully reviewed to make sure that their distribution techniques abide by a strict code of conduct.

If you do not remember having seen an ActiveX prompt, you might have downloaded AdTools Service from a popular free software product (screensavers, games, file sharing software, etc.). Users always will have to opt-in before installing the AdTools Service software.

Removal instructions:

AdTools Service supports many free software products through its advertising relevancy technology.

If you remove AdTools Service from your system, certain free software that you installed may no longer function properly and you may have to reinstall them from a backup.

If you are sure that you want to remove AdTools Service from your computer just follow these two easy steps:

1) Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

2) Scroll to AdTools Service and click Remove

End User License Agreement:

Please find an up to date copy of Wind Update’s End User License Agreement at
click here

I found these files in C:\Program Files

Should I manually Delete/Uninstall them? Please advise.

Thanks

Henmin

VoG II 23:19 25 Feb 05

Try Ad-aware click here Spybot click here ans Antispyware click here

Henmin 23:33 25 Feb 05

Hi VoG™,

I've got Spybot Search and Destroy. Funny Spybot didn't pick up this problem. Shall try the others Links.

Thanks

Henmin

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:55 25 Feb 05

Adtools click here

curlylad 00:41 26 Feb 05

This should help a² Free click here

Henmin 13:07 26 Feb 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ And curlylad,

Be back on Monday to try all out.

Thanks

Henmin

Henmin 19:23 28 Feb 05

Hi All,

I'm back.

AdTools Service. Could anyone please let me know if it will be safe if I should manually Delete/Uninstall them? Please advise.

I did my weekly ScanDisk & Disk Defrag and as usual I used CLOSE PROGRAM to close down all Programs running in the background. However, AcTools & AdToolsKeep kept coming back as many times I used END TASK.

How can I get rid of these two awful programs?

Thanks

Henmin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…