Adware problem

bananaz 15:26 01 Aug 05

Hi all,Im having a problem with pop ups & i think it may be an adware issue that is already in a program that i have installed. I use AOL, which is set to block all popups & also the same setting on e explorer. I have run adaware 6 pro, spybot search & destroy & also spyware stormer but it remains on my registry: Medialoads adware HKEY_LOCAL_. Is there a way that i can find this adware & remove it for good or find out which program it is attatched to please?
I am running XP SP2 on a DELL dimension PC.
Thanks in advance kind ppl.

rawprawn 15:29 01 Aug 05

Try scanning again in safe mode (Tap F8 when booting ) if that doesn't work turn system restore off anf try again in safe mode.

VoG II 15:31 01 Aug 05
  bananaz 20:13 01 Aug 05

yup seems to have done the trick, nice 1 & thanks again.
'top site'

Nuneatonian 11:20 23 Jan 06

Hi all
I have downloaded Laversoft adware, but can't follow any of the instructions for ignore list or anything else.Far to complicated
I open the lists to see what has been removed but it's all gobbledygook to me. What instructions there are, is for computer experts.
I play games on some gamesites, and they say that games can be affected by adware removers. I am also worried that something I press or remove will do something to my computer. Don't fancy having to start the computer from it's "out of box" state. Don't know if I ought to remove Laversoft, is it easy to get rid of. Used to have Spybot did remove it but still seem to have named folders on computer.

Nuneatonian 11:30 23 Jan 06

Hi
I put my last post above in the wrong forum. Should have been in Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch