Adware problem

bananaz 15:26 01 Aug 05

Hi all,Im having a problem with pop ups & i think it may be an adware issue that is already in a program that i have installed. I use AOL, which is set to block all popups & also the same setting on e explorer. I have run adaware 6 pro, spybot search & destroy & also spyware stormer but it remains on my registry: Medialoads adware HKEY_LOCAL_. Is there a way that i can find this adware & remove it for good or find out which program it is attatched to please?
I am running XP SP2 on a DELL dimension PC.
Thanks in advance kind ppl.

rawprawn 15:29 01 Aug 05

Try scanning again in safe mode (Tap F8 when booting ) if that doesn't work turn system restore off anf try again in safe mode.

VoG II 15:31 01 Aug 05
  bananaz 20:13 01 Aug 05

yup seems to have done the trick, nice 1 & thanks again.
'top site'

Nuneatonian 11:20 23 Jan 06

Hi all
I have downloaded Laversoft adware, but can't follow any of the instructions for ignore list or anything else.Far to complicated
I open the lists to see what has been removed but it's all gobbledygook to me. What instructions there are, is for computer experts.
I play games on some gamesites, and they say that games can be affected by adware removers. I am also worried that something I press or remove will do something to my computer. Don't fancy having to start the computer from it's "out of box" state. Don't know if I ought to remove Laversoft, is it easy to get rid of. Used to have Spybot did remove it but still seem to have named folders on computer.

Nuneatonian 11:30 23 Jan 06

Hi
I put my last post above in the wrong forum. Should have been in Help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…