//some 3rd party need geo

adware problem

amjad11097 14:32 07 Jul 05

hi there fellow users,
can anybody help me to get rid of a adware called CWS_Nkvd.us i have used spysweeper and ad aware but it still keeps coming back.
it has the ability to change my internet explorer settings etc and use its own search engine.
please help.

VoG II 14:33 07 Jul 05

Run CWShredder click here

VoG II 14:34 07 Jul 05

Run CWShredder click here

mern 07:36 30 Jul 05

I am running AVG pro,Zone Alarm Pro, and Spybot on XP. Do Ineed any further form of protection such as ad aware. Very much the grey haired surfer and some what at sea and would appreciate advice from one of you learned lifeboatmen.

ianeon 07:51 30 Jul 05

Some of these things you need for a nice computer life – my suggestions !!!

ANTI-SPYWARE/ADWARE PROGRAMMES.

These are all free and are quite good.
SPYWAREBLASTER – click here
SPYWAREGUARD – click here
AD-AWARE – click here
SPYBOT – click here

To cleanup the “rubbish” from your computer I would suggest the following

CLEANUP from click here
CCLEANER from click here

You also need a registry cleaner – these two are very good, safe and free .

REGSEEKER – click here
REGSCRUBXP – click here

To “DE-FRAG” your hard drive a very good alternative is DISKEEPER LITE from click here

If you are plagued with “pop-ups” a very good idea is to install a GOOGLE TOOLBAR on your computer. It has other advantages as well as stopping pop-ups. You can download one from click here

Do you have a “download manager”? – Even with broadband it is a good idea to have one – a very good one is at click here and it is free.

mern 11:39 30 Jul 05

thanks Ianon for your most helpful response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…