adware please help!

Khufu 12:52 30 Jun 05

I've got spware blaster, ad adware, and microsoft anti spyware, and i keep running them cleaning the system out , but this pop up window with advertisements keeps coming back, and for lack of better words, its really starting to do my nut in!!!!

I thought these programs were supposed to get rid of things like this??? it seems to be the adblaster one, where can it be hiding!!! I'm not verygood at the start/run/command procedure, so if someone is going to recommend that, i would much apprieciate a run through in laymans terms, as i have looked on a site that gives you this, but i'm a bit stumped.

These are the ones it finds - 1.Adtech, 2 . aQauntive 3. Double click, 4. Hitbox. Help Please!! even a way just to stop it popping up!!!

Completealias 13:05 30 Jun 05

OK first disable system restore this will wipe out all of your restore points but spyware nasties etc can hide in there. Clean out all of your temporary files run disk clean up clear out all temporary internet files and temporary files. At the run prompt type %temp% this will take you to your temporary directory clean out all thats in there as well.

Now run a scan with each of the apps (make sure they are all updated) but reboot in between each scan so they have a chance to finish there cleanup. Also run a scan with your antivirus app and I would add a2 to the list as well.

If the problem still persists you will need to download hijack this and post a logfile to click here a expert will then help get you cleaned up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…