Adware or spybot???

misters 21:56 22 Sep 03

Hi iwas just wondering what people on this forum recommend i keep Adware or Spybot. I gather that the two do the same thing or do they not sure if not then what is the difference?
Thanx in advance.

Jester2K II 22:01 22 Sep 03

Use Both - one at a time. What one might miss the other may pick up.

MAJ 22:03 22 Sep 03

Yup, both.

obbit 22:05 22 Sep 03

ditto. use both

TommyRed 22:08 22 Sep 03

Yeah, I use both and as Jester2K II says after I run one (usually Spybot) the other one nearly always picks up something extra. TR

MAJ 22:16 22 Sep 03

Another one you want to use is SpywareBlaster click here but you don't have to do anything with it after it's installed, other than checking for updates every so often.

spuds 23:01 22 Sep 03

Yep agree. Both will work quite happy together, so use both.But do not forget, to keep the updates checked on a regular basis.

The Teacher 23:03 22 Sep 03

I use both as well. However you will get a message when using Spybot that you have AdAware installed as well. It is nothing to worry about.

Jester2K II 23:04 22 Sep 03

Really?? Where?? When??

powerless 23:09 22 Sep 03

When you install it.

It may detect Adaware quarantined items.

krypt1c 23:20 22 Sep 03

Jester - If you launch spybot and go into settings > settings there's an option display compatability warnings. If you check this, close then launch again you'll get the warning about ad-aware. You can then opt not to dispaly this warning again ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…