Adware lspak.dll

ob1ie 13:16 03 Nov 04

I am cleaning up a person's computer and Nortons has informed me that there is a file - lspak.dll in the system32 directory that is adware. Nortons can't delete it and I have tried to use the dos prompt in Sage Mode, but get the response Access Denied. Can anyone tell me what this DLL is and how I can get rid of it. I have tried both Spybot and Adaware and they don't see any problem.

The Spires 13:23 03 Nov 04

Run Norton with the Pc in safe mode, you should be able to remove the offending file.

iambeavis 13:24 03 Nov 04

Read this, it may help - click here

Chris..b 13:27 03 Nov 04

Press f8 while starting to computer will put it into safe mode and then use norton

also you could turn off system restore as some spyware can hide in there.

There is a possiblity that it is being run in a programme and you cannot delete it because of this.

Press crt-alt-del and then click on processes and shut down all tat you feel confident doing and then try (only stop process under with the user name as owner) it then.

DO NOT STOP EXPLORER

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…