Adware fron Gain Publishing

WightRob 20:15 02 Jan 06

Does anyone know about Adware from Gain Publishing? Norton Anti Virus has detected this on my system, the executable file is Dc15.exe and is in the folder C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1547161642-1284227242-839522115-1006.

Norton offered a download to get rid of the program but it did not work.

I did think about simply changing the name or deleting the executable file. The trouble is RECYCLE is hidden, I can get to it through DOS or with the RUN utility but not through explorer.
Is it possible to change the attributes to unhide it? My folder options already show hidden files and folders.

Does anyone know what the RECYCLE folder is for? If I run a Norton scan on this folder it shows a lot of files here that seem to be duplicates of my files elsewhere. Is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

PaulB2005 20:22 02 Jan 06

The RECYCLE folder is your Recycle Bin.

Right click it and select Empty Recycle Bin.

Reboot and rescan.

WightRob 20:22 03 Jan 06

Thanks Paul,

That answered my question about the RECYCLE folder. Pretty obvious really, if only I'd thought about it!

Do you know how I can unhide it? I have done what you suggested but Norton is still reporting it has found the program as listed before. I'd like to go in and check if it really is there.

Rob

sidecar sid 20:37 03 Jan 06

It is likeley you have a programme or programmes on your Pc that contain Gain publishing software.

click here

If you visit Gain publishings website

click here

There is a click here which should show what if any software you have installed contains the Gain adware.

WightRob 20:05 13 Jan 06

Thanks for the information folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac