rins36 14:28 11 Feb 05

I have ran Adaware on my pc and no threats detected, yet after running norton antivirus it gives me a list of 10 at risk files

The delete option is used but on doing this the following message is recived......0 at risk files deleted.....and at the side of the files i.e Adware Bargain.....delete failed

Any advice

rawprawn 15:00 11 Feb 05

Antivirus and Spyware are two different animals. Norton looks for viruses and Adaware looks for Spyware. You seem to have no files at risk although I do not understand the last bit "Adware Bargain.....delete failed"

rins36 15:46 11 Feb 05

"Adware Bargain.....delete failed" is one of the files that shows up on norton after I have done the scan and deleted the at risk files

I understand that adware and viruses are 2 different things and wht adaware and norton do, but its bugging me that these files are on the pc and I cant get a complete clean scan with norton

rawprawn 15:50 11 Feb 05

Try a scan using Norton in Safe Mode, if that fails turn System restore off and scan again. I think that we may be talking about Bargain Buddy.

VoG II 15:50 11 Feb 05

Is it BargainBuddy click here

click here

rawprawn 15:56 11 Feb 05

If the above doesn't work, click here
Download and run Hijack this then post the results on this forum so people with mor knowldge than me can interpret the results.

rins36 16:10 11 Feb 05

Yes I think it does relate to BargainBuddy, there is nothing in add/remove progs

rins36 17:52 11 Feb 05

manually deleting the file after you have located the file name

for example: c:\windows\system32\mac80.ox.idf

rins36 19:42 11 Feb 05

up any other help anyone can offer

rawprawn 20:12 11 Feb 05

Did you try my suggestions ?

VoG II 20:15 11 Feb 05

I suggest that you follow rawprawn's advice.

Download HiJackThis from click here

Here are instructions on how to run it click here

The log may be too big to post on here in one go because of the 800 word limit on this site. So you will have to post in 2 or 3 sections. Please double space it by adding a blank line every other line before you press the Post response button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…