Adware-180SA

roza44 18:37 21 Feb 09

I use McAfee secuity suite and a few days ago it said I had Adware-180SA, it removes it, but the next scan I do it's back again.I am getting so many screen size popups, although i downloaded popup stopper which is very good, it's driving me round the bend, as I've never had a problem with them before. Is there a way to permanantly remove it or find out how it got there so I could delete that pogramme, if that would work.I read somewhere to turn off system restore first, I did but still it's here again.I would appreciate any advice.

birdface 20:38 21 Feb 09

click here may be from another program that you are running.But it says not a virus.

birdface 20:43 21 Feb 09

Might be better using one of your Anti-Spyware programs and see if that picks up anything.
going with A squared it could be a problem.
click here

rdave13 21:51 21 Feb 09

Try downloading and updating Superantispyware (free edition) from here; click here

Start up in safe mode ( click here ) and run a full scan.

roza44 09:42 22 Feb 09

I think it is from something I've downladed. I put Superantispyware on, it found a few things but didn't show the one I'm concermed about, although I had deleted it through McAfee. but I'm getting popups blocked as I type this.so it'll prob be back on next scan. Is it OK o run more than one antispy?

birdface 10:22 22 Feb 09

I have 2 Anti-Spyware programs plus Spywareblaster.
Maybe try msconfig.Startup. and see if anything ticked for Avatars if so untick it.The same in Add remove,If in there remove it.

rdave13 10:51 22 Feb 09

This from McAfee; click here .

roza44 11:22 22 Feb 09

I did read that from McAfee the other day, but it tells you to make sure the DATS are correct, I don't know what they are or where to find them.

rdave13 11:59 22 Feb 09

It means that the security suit should be up to date. McAfee also shows to disable sys restore, run security apps, then start sys restore again. I see you've already done this. Did you run SAS in safe mode?
As this seems neither trojan nor virus then maybe a visit a speciallist mallware removal site.
Such as; click here

click here

click here

roza44 15:41 22 Feb 09

I'm running it now in safe mode.I wanted to be sure it was showing up.When It's finished do I have to do anything or will it automatically go back to normal start? Not sure what Buteman meant by avatars. If this doesn't work then I'll try that other link you gave.

rdave13 16:43 22 Feb 09

After rebooting will start in normal mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced