ADW Cleaner suggestions for deletions

compumac 17:42 30 Sep 14

I have been using CCleaner for some years and when I first had it I was reluctant to follow the suggestions as to removal of many, to me, unknown files.

Now I just glibly delete ALL of the suggested items..

I am currently looking at ADW Cleaner and wonder as to the wisdom of adopting the same, perhaps gung-ho attitude.

Do you just delete the suggestions?

bumpkin 18:04 30 Sep 14

I have found ADW very good and better than some other cleaners. I always select all. Never had a problem.

spuds 19:04 30 Sep 14

I have used ADW on a number of times, but on some occasions it doesn't always find the 'nasties',and if it does, then there might still be a problem to get rid of the offender. Having said that, its still worth a try.

I have another post running on this forum about Abode. Many problems occured, and in the end I gave a beta version of Malwarebytes Anti-Root Kit a trial (having read some items through a search on the internet), and found that worked very good. It found things that other programmes didn't, and managed to clear them from a problem computer.

tullie 19:28 30 Sep 14

Dont you mean Adobe Spuds?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 30 Sep 14

As I absolutely hate tool bars and add-ons I let ADWcleaner delete everything it finds.

compumac 21:54 30 Sep 14

So...

Delete all - same as with default on CCleaner.

bumpkin 22:16 30 Sep 14

Yes in my opinion. Get shot of the crap that is causing the problems. Spud's suggestion may also be worth looking into although I have not tried it myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…