advrcnt2.dll

immer 18:50 02 Jun 07

I have a problem with a missing .dll when I use my v-gear pocket DTV & sometimes with nero. The whole PC locks up when I run these things & says the .dll is missing. I did a webserch & got a copy which I pasted into my WXL sp2 system file. (then shutdown/etc etc) with no improvements. Tried in system32 & in the prog file with no benefits.
What is this file, I what advice to fix please.

mocha 20:30 02 Jun 07

I have Nero 6 and the file advrcntr2.dll is to be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib

Try putting it in there and reboot, see if that cures it.

immer 23:17 02 Jun 07

OK so after trying everything we could think of I read a weblog advising "Nero Clean tools" which is not "in your face" on Nero's pages but can be found if you know the why & what of the problem. I Downloaded their general cleaner after first noting all registration numbers. This removed all Nero stuff. After restart got my TV etc to work perfectly. Then reinstalled Nero & all ok. The big Red Herring is that you are told you need this DLL, when the problem is rather : Why does it need it? Which it doesnt apparently. Wonder if anyone else has had this timewaster problem ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…