Advisory - Norton AV 2004 error since update

wyatt earp 11:46 09 Dec 04

Just to let you know that i have not been able to send mail out using Outlook Express 6 for at least a day (could be more). Having spoken to NTL today for advice, they advised me that they have had lots of enqiries with the same fault!

It seems to have happened since Symantec's last update.
I have resolved it for now by unchecking the 'scan outgoing email tab'.

I have mailed symantec to let them know about it.

So if any of you guys have mail probs using Norto AV 2004 try the above option first and hopefully Symantec will sort a fix.

Regards
Wyatt

bretsky 12:20 09 Dec 04

Thank you sir, I don't use Nav in any capacity BUT I'm sure there are many people who do, ditched Nav for Pav(Panda) due to too many problems!!
Thanx again for keeping us informed.

bretsky ;0)

tdmoh 12:36 09 Dec 04

I have Norton 2003 and when I check Live Update it says internal error reinstall Live Update but I cant see how from the installation disk this used work ok before windows sp2 Can anyone help ?

Grendle 12:38 09 Dec 04

Confirms my suspicions - also coincided with a re-install at the weekend due to a live update error so wasn't sure if it was me although it did seem to kick in after the "common client" update on Tuesday

Symantec website surprisingly quiet on this. Suppose I should report it to them as the more that do the quicker they will fix it

Have to say I am coming round to may other people's view that Norton products are a complete pita

wyatt earp 14:19 09 Dec 04

I am still a fan of Norton - have it running on lot's of pc's with this being the first fault.

GRENDLE - I think you are probably correct it was caused by the 'common client update'

I will let you all know what Symantec say when i get a mail back.

Wyatt

wyatt earp 15:29 09 Dec 04

I have had a response from Symantec which confirms it may have been caused by the common client update which was available earlier this week.

For the actual fix click here

Cheers
Wyatt

wyatt earp 19:08 09 Dec 04

Symantec have advised me that the patch issued on 7th December which caused this problem has been removed from their server.

As far as my situation is concerned, i will have to re-install Norton AV 2004 to resolve.

Cheers
Wyatt

wyatt earp 21:01 09 Dec 04

I have managed to resolve the problem using system restore rather than a re-install.

Wyatt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…