Advisor Forums

Gorillaz 20:32 29 Jan 03

Probaly one for the PCA guys.
Now that I have my firewall up and running I have my email address listed in the privacy control/private information. When I enter the site why does it take a minimum of 20 clicks to get into the forums page, everytime I change pages it is taking 10 - 20 clicks. I have checked and double checked and there is no exception rule in Norton Firewall.

goonerbill 22:54 29 Jan 03

AndySD 22:57 29 Jan 03

check you cookie blocking settings... just a thought.

pc moron 23:39 29 Jan 03

I have Norton Firewall and I have no problems in this, or any other, forum.

I entered my e-mail address in Private Info and every time I change pages in this forum it triggers an alert in the firewall.

When I removed my e-mail address from Private Info no alerts are triggered.

Check your firewall settings- the default settings are usually okay.

Forum Editor 00:13 30 Jan 03

I can see from our end that your firewall is causing this problem, and it's connected to your email address. Remove it from the private information in privacy control, and all should be well.

Gorillaz 10:51 30 Jan 03

I have done that just to be able to get back into the forums sensibly, I know the problem is with my Firewall setup. I still cannot understand why Norton did not put in an exception feature that allows trusted sites to by pass the email address feature. I have the impression after two days of trying to get everything set up that the 2003 version is more for broadband than a dial up service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…