advise on how to setup radeon9800...

skell 17:06 28 Apr 04

Hi,

after a few probs i eventually managed to installed a new radeon 9800pro graphics card and im not sure whether it's setup correctly.

In the proccess of installing the card after restarting my computer it came up found new hardware 'SM Bus controller' i wasnt expecting to see this but continued to insert the driver disc as told but the card couldnt be installed. so i check device manager and found a yellow mark against 'others' SM Bus controller, and a yellow mark against pci to agp bridge in the systems device. so i inserted my mobo disc and it installed the drivers for both. but now in the systems device it says pci to pci bridge. i proceeded to install the graphics card drivers and they installed ok.

the graphics card supports 8x AGP but in the displat properties it set for 4x under smartart tab. The 8x is set in bios so why hasnt it set it in windows? Is the card installed correctly and why has under systems device the pci to agp changed to pci to pci?

Can anyone help me on this please because im not realy sure whether it's configured correctly.

thx

skell 18:12 28 Apr 04

My OS is windows XP

citadel 18:25 28 Apr 04

If your mboard only has a 4x slot the 8x card will only run at 4x. guru3d.com has a forum with lots of info on setting up graphics cards.

skell 19:41 28 Apr 04

my mobo has 8x support i have looked at the link also but still no luck. :(

byfordr 20:21 28 Apr 04

click here Assuming you have powered it correctly? These bad boys suck a lot of power...

R

skell 22:52 28 Apr 04

yep all connected correctly. also just had a popup window saying something about vdu controller has lost connection and has had to readajust

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…