Advise on this build please

Gimme_Cake 19:26 PM 29 Apr 12

Hi, I am pretty much new to building to this computing stuff, yet I have always been interested in computers. I am aware of how the different parts work, what they do etc etc. Therfore, please may I have some help on whther or not these parts are compatible with each other, good value etc?

RAM- Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit (2x4GB)

Case - EVO LABS EX8818 ATX Gaming Desktop PC Computer Case with 3 Blue LED Fans - Luxurious Black.

Additional fan: COOLERMASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP Blue LED 120mm Case Fan Power Supply- ANTEC TruePower ATX PSU - 750W

Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module)

Processor (CPU) - Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K Unlocked Core i7 Quad-Core Processor (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1155)

Optical Drives - Blu-Ray -Samsung SH-B123L 12x Blu-Ray Reader & Lightscribe DVD Writer, DVD Drive - HP DVD1260i Internal SATA DVD Writer

Graphics Card - Asus 1GB GeForce GTX 560TI DirectCUII PCI-E Graphics Card

Sound Card - CREATIVE Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty Professional Series 7.1 Ch PCIe Sound Card

Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Not too sure if I need this. Isn't Windows 8 coming out soon?)

Cooling System - Intel STS100C Thermal Solution (Combo) for Xeon 5xxx Series (Socket 1366) Processors

Hard Drive - Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB SATA 6 Gb/s Drive (64MB Buffer,5900RPM)

Any Advice/Help/Insults (:P) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

KRONOS the First 19:51 PM 29 Apr 12

Seems quite a nice set up but a bit confused about your cooling system,it says for socket 1366 but your CPU is socket 1155 might want to check in to that.

Do not see PSU mentioned. I not sure that you need Windows 7 Ultimate,the home edition will be enough. As for Windows 8 I cannot give an opinion as have not tried it but I believe that it is an operating system for tablets and touch screens. Mainly but as I say I really do not know.

Sound card, not really sure if that s really necessary as on board sound is pretty decent these days, but of course that is your choice.

I tend to favour 2 hard-drives as opposed to one big drive as if the hard-drive fails you could loose everything but if you have two drives then one can back up the other which means you won't lose anything,again this is your choice.

Gimme_Cake 19:58 PM 29 Apr 12

Hi there, Good call, thanks for that mate.

This is the power supply, which i did post it but my presentational skills suck :D Power Supply- ANTEC TruePower ATX PSU - 750W

Thanks for the sound card and hard drive advice. I think I may keep the sound card, but I understand your point. Also, thanks for the tip with the hard drive (didn't think of that). Do you think I should get two the same size, or one with quite a lot of space and one with a small amount?

KRONOS the First 20:26 PM 29 Apr 12

Two the same size is probably best,or as I have a 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard-drive.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…