Advise on all in one printer.

Ben capewell 17:47 10 Aug 08

Can any one recomend a good all in one printer for about £50
I cant also decide what make, im stuck between Hp Epson, Lexmark,
I understand that epson are poss the best as all the colours are seprate were as hp,all three are in one cartridge so if your red runs out you have to but the whole lot.

RobCharles1981 17:59 10 Aug 08

I'm too in the same situation as you. I was in my local tesco don't know if it applies to you or others here but I seen an All in One Eipson Stylus DX8400 on offer for just under £50 was £100, this what I will be looking at.

click here

Stuartli 18:11 10 Aug 08

Tesco is also selling the excellent Epson DX4400 for just £30 now.

Ben capewell 18:27 10 Aug 08

I was looking at the epson 4400 but has this got the colours seperate?

Sea Urchin 18:32 10 Aug 08

Yes it does

click here

Pineman100 18:34 10 Aug 08

Having separate ink tanks is a handy feature, but don't let it blind you to all the other features that you should consider in your AIO device. Things like print resolution, print speed, scanning resolution, bundled software... and so on.

Ben capewell 19:17 10 Aug 08

So have we now decided then that epson with the seperate in tanks is good compared to hp.
What is the diference between the 4400 and 8400, these printers that have the built in lcd, i just find pointless if you have a pc. so RobTheOrganGuru wich one were you going to go for, my wife just seems to like the idea of extra club card points.
But for your advice purpose's i am well in to photo's of my 3 yr old, and possibly will want to scan some of the older photo,s

Ben capewell 19:28 10 Aug 08

It seems to be slightly quicker at printing , ( i dint mind waiting) but the scanner has a better DPI Scanning Resolution in DPI 1200 x 2400dpi the 4400 Scanning Resolution in DPI 600 x 1200
Printing wise no different, but the 8400 has card reader and lcd screen.

woodchip 20:27 10 Aug 08

I use Epson, and I have a RX620, But with Epson it should be use regular and not allowed to stand as ink will dry in the Heads then you have got Problems. HP as the head built into the Carts so if they get bunged up just fit new carts and your away. Lexmark I would not look at. Epson ten to be best for scanning and Photo Printing HP a bit better with text

Ben capewell 21:02 10 Aug 08

Thanks wood chip so now i no i am aimning at epson , but now its the tesco 8400 at £50 or the pc world (ahh pc world) 8450 at £50, i cant see the diference between 8400 or 8450, im still googling.

woodchip 22:28 10 Aug 08

it will just be the new model of same printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…