Advice for Zalman coolers needed please

STEVE71163 06:24 12 Aug 03

I bought a zalman cooler last week and fitted it as the instructions but the shop said that the heatsink fan on these coolers should blow towards these coolers and not away?? I have done this and it is doing a good job of keeping the cpu cool but my case temperature has gone up as i thing this alters the air flow?

-pops- 06:52 12 Aug 03

From what to what has the case temperature risen?

Remember the very high ambient temperatures recently may have an effect on any readings you obtain.

STEVE71163 06:57 12 Aug 03

Thanks for replying -pops- . My system temperature hit 42c yesterday and my cpu was 50c.

-pops- 08:31 12 Aug 03

Personally, I would let it run for a few days (hoping the weather will cool down a bit) before I made any adjustments. The temperatures you state aren't too bad and well within the acceptable range of modern CPUs and motherboards. It may be that it is only the hot weather that is causing this.

STEVE71163 08:52 12 Aug 03

I have just got back from a computer company we do work for and was telling one of the engineers about my system temperature and he suggested a front fan pulling air in the case and he also said that my rear exhaust fan may be causing problems as it is pulling air out right next to the cpu which would normally be good but since i have fitted the zalman cooler that pushes air at the heatsink instead of away from, You have one pushing air at the cpu and one right next to it pulling away. What do you think??

-pops- 08:58 12 Aug 03

Good one, yes.

Try it and see. So long as all your fans are operating you will get plenty of waring if something is amiss. Don't neglect the weather influence though.

-pops- 08:59 12 Aug 03

waring? warning!

I'm sure some letters go missing between me and PCA.

STEVE71163 09:07 12 Aug 03

Thanks -pops-. I think i might see if i can get a front panel fan that fits in one of the drive bays and disconnect the exhaust fan at the back near the cpu as i also fitted a twin fan psu at the weekend which should do a good enough job getting rid of the hot air. I think like you say this weather has a lot to do with it though.

STEVE71163 11:13 12 Aug 03

I went in my local pc shop to get a front inlet fan but the chap said the same as you -pops-. He said that in this weather he would turn any machines that were not being used off and see what the temperatures were like in more normal conditions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…