//some 3rd party need geo

Advice on xd card reader choice

hatrickj 18:40 31 May 04

From searching for a suitable xd card reader, I've found that there are few in the shops and they are the dearer versions. From net searches there do seem to be some cheaper versions but the $age diffrence in prices makes me wonder if there is some catch. Has anyone any observation as to what to ask of the specs to ensure reasonable usefulnesss or specific views as to good or bad experiences post purchase?

sidecar sid 18:46 31 May 04

I have this and it works with XP Pro with no problems

click here

spuds 19:15 31 May 04

Here's three click here
click here click here The last link is for the PNY product which is available via PC World. I have one of these, and it is a very good product with very good PNY after-sales customer service.French company with rapid email responses in perfect english. Reader prefares a usb self powered hub to make it function 100%.

steve0 19:28 31 May 04

I have the one from Picstop. Works very well and pretty cheap - was delivered a couple of days after ordering.

spuds 19:40 31 May 04

Something wrong with the second and third links...Second link, when page opens put 'xd card reader' in search, that should give you a selection of companies who can supply the reader...Third link, may bring a pop-up display, just 'x' it down.

byfordr 10:28 01 Jun 04

Would go with sidecar sid. Had about 10 of these for friends and family. Work well, picked up straight away in XP.

R

JayDay 10:31 01 Jun 04

Go here click here get one for £7.99. I have one and it works fine with XP.

hatrickj 14:28 12 Jun 04

Thanks all- got the sandisk from pictop. very fadt service considered that I ordered late on sat night and it works well with ny 128MB card,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…