Advice on word

alansabout 18:25 06 Mar 06

Hi all.
I have a problem with Microsoft word. If I try to send a document as an attachment from my new laptop (using file send to) it is greyed out and will only send it as a page, I am running the same copy of office on a desktop with the same default settings for both INTERNET and office and I can send documents without a problem.Any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

TonyV 19:51 06 Mar 06

Not sure whether this will help, but look in Tools/Options/General in Word and see if "Mail as attachment" is checked.

TonyV

alansabout 19:59 06 Mar 06

Thanks tony
yes this is done, this is what I find so strange I have a mirror pc to cross check with and I can find no settings that are different.

TonyV 20:02 06 Mar 06

Sorry, that's me finished then! Maybe some Word expert will come on board and give you the answer. Hang in there!

TonyV

TonyV 16:09 10 Mar 06

Just had a thought about your problem. Have you tried Help\Detect & Repair in Word?

TonyV

Taff™ 16:41 10 Mar 06

Which laptop? Make and Model?

The reason I ask is because the latest Laptop I have (Toshiba) ships something called "Sonic". Which doesn`t work quite the way we expect because it`s got DVD RAM capabilities?

alansabout 17:28 10 Mar 06

Hi Taff It's a compaq presario running a turion64 and it has got sonic. Just tried that TonyV sill the same I am sorry to say.I wonder if it is something to do with 64 bit processor?

Big Elf 17:50 10 Mar 06

There is a Command to setup an icon for Mail Recipient (As Attachment)... you can add.

View, Toolbars, Customise. Click the Commands tab then File and navigate down the commands to find it.

Does it work from that?

alansabout 21:25 10 Mar 06

Thanks Big Elf I Have tried that to no avail.

BRYNIT 22:11 10 Mar 06

This may help click here;en-us;Q290936

BRYNIT 22:15 10 Mar 06

try again click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now