Advice on wireless router please

wobblymike 20:23 03 May 06

I need to check my thinking with you networking gurus.
My current set up uses a BT Voyager 205 ethernet router/modem - it is connected via a long lead to the BT socket. I would like to dispense with the lead and connect via wireless to (I guess) a wireless router/modem which I can connect direct to the BT socket downstairs.
I would be grateful if some of you would validate my thoughts and suggest an appropriate device to accomplish this.

ade.h 21:42 03 May 06

Belkin 7632 or 7633, 3Com or D-Link 604 series perhaps. All good. You'll need to keep an RJ45 handy for initial setup and subsequent configuration of any settings that relate to the wireless signal (security, ADSL settings, etc). Use a laptop for this purpose, rather than having a really long cable or moving the router.

Taff™ 11:37 04 May 06

click here Includes a USB dongle as well for just under £60. (Note that in the current PC World Magazine there is a voucher for 10% off wireless networking products when you spend £60 - so I guess if you need anything else, like an extra ADSL filter - there`s only one in the above kit - you could save a bit)

marsman 09:15 06 May 06

Have a look at the US Robotics model, it has built in print server and by default is set to encription

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…