Advice with windows xp media centre

oo7juk 22:11 03 Sep 06

Hi,

Can someone tell me what watch and record live TV means please.

Does it mean I can connect a lead from my tv to this particular pc and be able to watch tv. Another question can someone in a another room watch a different channel. Would u have to split the incoming outside ariel connection and plug the other one in the pc, by use of some sort of adaptor, many thanks.

click here(AND(p_Active:1,p_Web:Y),p_RecordType:C)

Stuartli 22:40 03 Sep 06

It will be referring to a TV tuner card included with your system - most software for such cards allow you to watch/hear TV and radio programmes and, if you wish, record them using a Personal Video Recorder (PVR) facility.

The card will be for analogue or digital (Freeview) transmissions and you connect a coxial TV aerial feed to the rear of the card.

Using a two-way or more aerial amplifier is better than a splitter as it will boost the signal rather than reduce it; one signal output will go to your TV set and the other to the TV card.

Do you not have a manual for the system?

Stuartli 22:42 03 Sep 06

In case it is not clear, you watch TV on your monitor and any recordings are captured on your hard drive (the software will/should set up and indicate the folders used).

oo7juk 22:57 03 Sep 06

My friend has asked me for some advice re buying new pc with this feature. If he can watch the televison in his room via his pc then fine, as long as his mother can watch a different channel then that's what he is looking at, many thanks.

Stuartli 23:01 03 Sep 06

You can watch one programme on the PC and something entirely different on the television.

It's exactly the same if you have two (or more) television sets - you can watch a different programme on all of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced