advice on wifi dongle for afghanistan

hudsey28 22:21 PM 14 Nov 10

Hi i need to send my partner a wifi dongle for use in afghanistan. He can get wifi on his camp but has moved tents and is now further away from the main connection. I dont realy know a lot about these things and couldnt realy ask to much as dont get to speak to him for long.
He said that some guys there have a wifi dongle with a antenna. Would this help? He said hes about 30 metres away from wifi access now but there is a big concrete wall inbetween him and the main connection. He said he could probably set something up on the wall but he will still need this wifi dongle.
Can someone help as i said, i have no idea!
Thanks Helen

hudsey28 22:23 PM 14 Nov 10

forgot to say he has a laptop out there with built in wireless

Something like this would fit the bill I think since his laptop has inbuilt Wireles receiver.

click here

Sorry that supplier is out of stock!

This is a veritable minefield of "unavailable" "out of stock" and poor reviews to boot!
I found this one which might be acceptable: click here

Suggest you send your partner the link so that he can decide if it would be suitable.

This one looks even better!: click here

High Gain Dongle
click here

More info:

click here

hudsey28 08:30 AM 15 Nov 10

Im going to take a look now. Thanks everyone

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites