Advice on what laptop to buy for a student

wildhouse 13:29 21 Jul 07

Does anyone have any suggestions for a laptop for my daughter going to university? She will be using the internet, a webcam, will no doubt play music, games and so on on it, as well as occasionally doing some of her coursework! Apple has been recommended to me but it seems to be about £700 which seems quite expensive.

Totally-braindead 13:34 21 Jul 07

No particular one to advise on myself just a make. Two of my friends both have Toshibas click here as an example, they use them for business. They are sturdy and have a nice good quality solid feel to them and have lasted them both for a few years so personally I would get one of them. PC World might be cheaper though - worth shopping about.

SANTOS7 13:35 21 Jul 07

click here

just one of the deals you will find

click here hope this helps good luck...

Totally-braindead 13:35 21 Jul 07

SShould have said, check whether they are new or not at Morgans as they sell a mix of new and reworked. Heres PCWs selection click here:(any):(any):(any):(any):(any):300:900:PageNo_0:SortOrder_DOWN

Totally-braindead 13:51 21 Jul 07

Sorry the link didn't work properly, never mind check PC World yourself - just don't let them sell you tons of other stuff you don't need and worth mentioning, as your daughter is going to university and presumably will need Microsoft Office get her the Students Edition of it, shes entitled to it and its much, much cheaper.

Jackcoms 13:58 21 Jul 07

And this is probably the cheapest place to buy MS Office Students Edition click here

I bought from them when my daughter started at Uni a couple of years ago.

wildhouse 18:31 21 Jul 07

Thanks for the suggestions and info above - I will look through the varying sites and compare!

paul€ 18:38 21 Jul 07

I would stay away from either a celeron or sempron proccesor. They may be cheap but battery life and trying to use more than one demanding application will have them on their knees.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…