Advice and webistes needed on how t replace cracked laptop screen for Toshiba C660 4gb laptop

julius44 18:59 PM 30 Aug 12

Hello and good evening to you all. I purchased a toshiba laptop from Argos this in December of last year. Here is the link:

In June I sold it to a work colleague, and its been working perfectly for her. last week she said brought it back as a crack seems to have developed on the screen. Theres no point of me taking it to argos as they wont replace it. I've told my friend that i'll find out about getting screen replaced and she can re-imburse me for it. I've got the laptop with me now.....and ive got a special set of screwdrivers, so i'm just looking for good links where to purchase replacement screen from, even if its ebay, and online videos how to replace a laptop screen please. Any help would be much appreciated, ideally I would like to order it tonight. many thank

chub_tor 19:22 PM 30 Aug 12

There is a tutorial here and a screen here just two examples turned up by Google.

john bunyan 19:24 PM 30 Aug 12

I had one done at a local repair shop for about £80 or so, maybe £100

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:26 PM 30 Aug 12

screen herebut check connection before ordering video guide at bottom of page

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 PM 30 Aug 12

Done a couple of toshibas hardest part is getting the bezel off

julius44 19:41 PM 30 Aug 12

Hey thanks for all responses so far, fruitbat, pls can you advice me which connector in should be please? ive got the laptop here, with me, ive not taken off cracked screen yet, but I just need to know that its the correct screen i'm ordering, many thanks for your responses

Forum Editor 19:59 PM 30 Aug 12

"I just need to know that its the correct screen i'm ordering,..."

Take a look at this before you order It provides you with the part number for the various different makers of screens for your particular laptop model. The screens mentioned are all compatible with the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know