Advice on using regscrub please.

Meshuga 18:46 25 May 06

I have installed Regscrub and on running it I find thst it has found 55 problems. Many show as " no values or sub keys for this key" others show as " Com App references class ID that does not exist" Some say "Run file does not exist" Others say "No values for this key". What do I do about these?, is it safe to remove them, how do I proceed from here? There is a restore facility in regscrub, if something went wrong would this put it back to where it was.? Also, if things went wrong would system restore correct it. My OS is XPhome sp2.

Joe R 18:48 25 May 06

Meshuga,

I have used Regscrub for a few years now, and have always allowed it to fix all problems.

I have never found any problems after use.

VoG II 18:49 25 May 06

I've always let RegscrubXP 'fix' all errors and have never encountered a problem.

System Restore would work if you created a restore point before running RegscrubXP.

Meshuga 19:01 25 May 06

Many thanks to Joe R and VoG. How do I create a retore point in system restore please please VoG?

VoG II 19:03 25 May 06

Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

Tick Create a Restore Point, then click the Next button and follow the prompts.

Meshuga 19:17 25 May 06

To Joe R and VoG, have followed your advice, created a restore point and allowed Regscrub to fix all errors and all appears to be well. Something new I`ve learned. Many thanks.

Hertz Van Rentyl 20:05 25 May 06

If you look in the programme you will see all the registration entries that have been fixed so you can replace them from there if required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…