Advice on USB connection for i-pod

bionicle 21:35 09 Feb 06

Have just bought an i-pod shuffle and had to buy a USB extension cable in order to connect the i-pod to my pc as the USB ports at the front of my pc are recessed. When I connect I get a message on the pc that the device could run faster if connected to a highspeed USB port but there are none on my computer. How can I remedy this? Is it anything to do with the extension cables capabilities and does this then mean that transferring songs to the i-pod will be slower and also recharging the i-pod battery via the USB extension will also take longer?

User-312386 21:42 09 Feb 06

buy a USB2 card click here

bionicle 22:29 09 Feb 06

Thanks madboy33©®

keef66 22:48 09 Feb 06

I had the same problem. Pc is 4 yrs old and has only usb 1.1 ports. Ipod worked, but synchronisation took quite a while. In the end I got sick of windows nagging about it could work faster. Bought a cheap usb 2.0 pci expansion card fron Ebuyer, but it never worked properly, the Ipod wouldn't stay connected long enough to synchronise. They took it back and sold me a dearer Belkin card which works splendidly.

keef66 22:51 09 Feb 06

just looked at madboy33©®'s link. that's the card I now have, only not the low profile version.

User-312386 17:43 10 Feb 06

I have ipod mini and USB2 flies

It takes about 2 seconds per song with USB2 compared to 10 seconds with USB1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…