Advice on transferring DAT recordings to CD

RayProud 14:24 05 Oct 04

Twelve years ago I'd had enough of vinyl and decided to transfer my albums to DAT. I now want to transfer these recordings to CD mainly because of convenience and because of the age of my Denon DAT deck.

I know I need a sound card with a digital input and the Creative SoundBlaster Platinum seems to fit the bill. I have SoundForge v4.5 which I believe can process the data prior to it being copied to CD.

My Denon manual states that I can make a second digital copy but I won't be able to make any future digital copies due to protection.

In short, can anyone who has any knowledge of digital transfers give me any tips on transferring from DAT and whether I would be able to transfer data from the hard drive to CD?

I've searched the Internet but there is very little info available probably because DAT really never caught on as a home format.

Thanks.

JFT 15:46 05 Oct 04

click here
Hope this helps!

RayProud 16:16 05 Oct 04

JFT,

Thanks for your reply. What do they say? Great minds? That was the only site I found searching with Google and unfortunately it's quite old. They warn away from using Creative Live soundcards and I was hoping a more up-to-date site might have info on the suitability of the Audigy LS or ZS cards and whether SoundForge v4.5 was suitable.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…