advice on starting first web

david.h 18:17 06 Nov 03

I have web space on my pipex broadband account for a web site, apparently pipex is not 100% compatable with frontpage/publisher 2002. [any pipex customers confirm this please.]

Anyone point me in the right direction to follow an easy tutorial to follow to set up a basic web site [I can learn the more complex issues once i have the basics up and running]

I have XP PRO, OFFICE XP, PAINTSHOP7

Forum Editor 19:01 06 Nov 03

do not install the FrontPage extensions on their free webspace servers, so although you can upload a site from FrontPage, some of the special FrontPage features like animated text, discussion forums etc. won't work.

If you have your own domain name on server space with a hosting company you can ask for the extensions to be installed. The extensions are free to download from Microsoft, but nevertheless many hosting companies make a small charge for installing them.

There are hundreds of tutorials on the web - it's a question of searching for one that looks right for you.
click here and take a good look around - it's a good starting point.

david.h 19:29 06 Nov 03

Just had a quick look at the link you sent, looks good. I will give it a go at the weekend.
thankyou for the reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…