advice on SP2 please.

Optimo 14:35 23 Mar 05

I have been given my mums laptop while she is on holiday to try to speed it up for her, ie adaware,defrag and so on. I have noticed that she doesnt have SP2. So i was wondering if i could download it from my laptop onto a disc, and install it onto hers?

Technotiger 14:44 23 Mar 05

Hi, ask around locally perhaps - PCA had a sp2 disk on a Magazine recently, you might be able to beg/borrow. Much better than the very loooooong download - even on broadband.

Cheers.

Fingees 14:48 23 Mar 05

If her laptop has adware etc on, surely it must have a modem otherwise such prog are not necessary.
Why not download it direct to her machine?

If you want to do it via disk,
go to Microsoft sight and search for service pack 2.
This will enable you to download it to your computer without installing, as would happen if you connect direct to Windows update.

Optimo 14:52 23 Mar 05

im downloading via mine because we both have broadband and i dont think i can plug her laptop onto my modem, im not exactly an expert in this field.

Buchan 35 15:10 23 Mar 05

yellow envelope me your address and i`ll put one in the post

Technotiger 15:20 23 Mar 05

Nice one mate.

Cheers.

Buchan 35 19:56 23 Mar 05

Iv`e heard nothing yet so I yellow enveloped Optima.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…