Advice on security please!

Blackadderthe4th 22:25 23 Feb 10

I've very recently bought a laptop complete with McaFee Security Centre with de-fragger, etc but now I've only a few days left before it goes belly up. So do I stick with McaFee which I haven't got use to yet? Or do I install freebees Avast, Zonealarm, etc which I know quite well, but may not be as good?
regards

northumbria61 22:39 23 Feb 10

Your McAfee will probably be only a trial version which will expire and then require you to purchase.
AVAST is very good if you want a FREEBIE !

ame 22:41 23 Feb 10

I'd suggest Microsoft Security Essentials click here for real-time protection. The latest 2010 version of McAfee Internet Security is not the best out of the paid-for suites according to recent magazine tests. There is no need to rush to buy anything, I reckon....

northumbria61 22:42 23 Feb 10

Should have said Avast is Anti-Virus - don't know if you meant McAfee FULL Security Suite which is different and gives you full protection.

ame 22:44 23 Feb 10

And if you need a bettr defragger and disk optimiser than Windows rubbish, click here

northumbria61 22:44 23 Feb 10

I agree with ame - I am not too keen on McAfee.I don't have Microsoft Essentials but it gets good reviews.

ame 22:57 23 Feb 10

I have to say I used McAfee Internet security for years without problems. I liked it, but it doesn't get good reviews now in terms of identifying as many viruses as the other suites. I now have Norton Internet Security 2010, which is good but gives you lots of annoying popups telling you it is doing something in the background. Marketing hype, in my view.

Blackadderthe4th 10:50 24 Feb 10

I think I'll install Avast, Zonealarm and Auslogic defrager when the time comes!
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…