advice required on which Processor to use

kat64 01 Nov 12

Hi, I intend to build another computer that i will use just for Linux Ubuntu. Could anyone please advise do i need any particular Processor or maybe someone could recommend one. I have built several PCs in the past but just for Windows OS. Regards

xania 02 Nov 12

In the absence of any positive response from this site, you may find what you need here;

http://askubuntu.com/

csqwared 02 Nov 12

kat64

try here

csqwared 02 Nov 12

I've been using Linux Mint 11 for some time now, previously Mint 6 and prior to that Ubuntu. I'm on a self built machine with AMD Athlone 7550 dual core CPU, 2 gig mem and experienced no problems over the time I've been using Linux. Give the Mint Live CD a try, I prefer it to Ubuntu, very easy GUI and installs just about everything you need.

PS When I said no problems, I still haven;t managed to get the floppy drive to work but don't need it anyway.

frybluff 02 Nov 12

It's much more a case of what you want PC to do (gaming, Photo/video editing etc) will determine best CPU.

kat64 02 Nov 12

Many Thanks for your input. csqwared: I will try the Mint Live CD and I thank you for your suggestions Kind Regards

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message