advice required on which Processor to use

kat64 21:02 PM 01 Nov 12

Hi, I intend to build another computer that i will use just for Linux Ubuntu. Could anyone please advise do i need any particular Processor or maybe someone could recommend one. I have built several PCs in the past but just for Windows OS. Regards

xania 08:51 AM 02 Nov 12

In the absence of any positive response from this site, you may find what you need here;

csqwared 19:44 PM 02 Nov 12

try here

csqwared 19:53 PM 02 Nov 12

I've been using Linux Mint 11 for some time now, previously Mint 6 and prior to that Ubuntu. I'm on a self built machine with AMD Athlone 7550 dual core CPU, 2 gig mem and experienced no problems over the time I've been using Linux. Give the Mint Live CD a try, I prefer it to Ubuntu, very easy GUI and installs just about everything you need.

PS When I said no problems, I still haven;t managed to get the floppy drive to work but don't need it anyway.

frybluff 20:07 PM 02 Nov 12

It's much more a case of what you want PC to do (gaming, Photo/video editing etc) will determine best CPU.

kat64 21:13 PM 02 Nov 12

Many Thanks for your input. csqwared: I will try the Mint Live CD and I thank you for your suggestions Kind Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know