advice requested re jpg compression

hatrickj 20:24 17 Jul 04

I wish to playback my digiphotos on my lounge dvd player. I know it will accept cds and cdrws and the spec tells me that the machine can output jpg pictures Exif 2.1 compressed in format
4:2:2 or 4:2:0. My camera conforms to Exif 2.2 but in neither of the photo editding softwares- Camedia Mater that came with the camers or Arcdoft photostudio 2000 that was part of a scanner package is anything that would seem useful to achieve the desired compression to make playback possible. Has anyone any recommendations for suitable free or reasonable software to ascertain what degree of compression has already been made and is easily operated to achive the compression formats mentioned. Any pitfalls to be awre of etc etc will be appreciated.

hatrickj 15:39 30 Jul 04

stlucia 15:49 30 Jul 04

What software have you got with your CD burner? Current versions of Roxio and Nero, for instance, have a facility to 'create a slideshow' (or something like that) which avoids all the issues that you've mentioned. Your VCD would then by playable on most DVD players, not just ones that can read .jpg files.

woodchip 16:33 30 Jul 04

I use Ulead Photo Explorer 8 and create a SVCD Slide Show and burn in the Above. I got it free on a Disc, one of the Giveaways when I took out a 6months sub on Personel Computer World

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…