advice on replacement graphics card

dalimena 19:31 01 Jan 06

I currently have a packard bell i connect, it has a celeron 800 processor, 510 mb memorey, and came with a intel 82810 graphics card. I would like to upgrade it, can someone tell me if 64 mb would be ok or do i need an higher one (will it take a bigger one. The details of the current one are as follows: chip typr intel (R) 82810, DAC type Internal, memory size 32mb, adaptor string intel (R) 82810 graphics controller. All the last info is alien to me so i would like some info in english please.

Diodorus Siculus 19:45 01 Jan 06

Sounds to me like onboard graphics. Do you know the motherboard? It may have an AGP slot or at least a spare PCI slot.

malgall 19:47 01 Jan 06

any 3d card you have will wipe the floor with
your onboard graphics
if you check web site to see what card is
best for your system

dalimena 19:48 01 Jan 06

thanks diodorus siculus, the motherboard is a GA6WMM7 Houston 3+ Motherboard

GaT7 20:01 01 Jan 06

That mobo doesn't have an AGP slot click here, so you'll have to use a PCI-based graphics card.

To begin with, do you have an empty PCI slot?

List of PCI g'cards (sorted by ascending prices) click here. G

GaT7 20:05 01 Jan 06

May I ask why you want to upgrade?

If it's to be able to play the lastest games, you'll need a much better overall PC - just upgrading the g'card of the present one isn't going to help much. G

dalimena 20:11 01 Jan 06

crossbow, no i dont play games, its just sometimes when i watch some clips it seems to freeze or dont keep up

Cybermaxx 20:50 01 Jan 06

Hmmm, have you tried updating the drivers for your current integrated video?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…