Advice regarding Dell PC running hot

Hetti 10:46 AM 13 Feb 13

I have Dell Inspiron One (all in one PC) since I got this PC it has been back to Dell 3 times in about 18months, I have an extended warranty but wanted to ask some advice here before I ring them. I have Ashampoo HDD control software to monitor temp, when I first boot up the temp is 33c, within 20 mins it reads 37c within 40 min it reds 42c and within the hour it is 48c. Last night it was reading 53c PC had been on most of the day, Ashampoo HDD control was saying "Temp is critical cool PC immediately"

About a month ago I spoke to Dell telling them just what I say above in this post apart from the 53c temp, (it didn't get that hot at this time), and they said this is normal for this PC. My question is are these temperatures acceptable for a all in one PC? as I don't want to ring if they are going to tell me "This is normal for this PC again" PC runs OK but last night, when it was 53c it was more noisy than normal,it has never been very fast and I have been disappointed with proformance since day one.

Chronos the 2nd 11:10 AM 13 Feb 13

There seem to be a few different models of the Dell Inspiron One can you be more specific, there should be a model number that way we can see what CPU you are running.

Hetti 11:23 AM 13 Feb 13

Chronus the 2nd

My Dell model is Inspiron One 2320

Chronos the 2nd 11:28 AM 13 Feb 13

Thanks Hetti.

Chronos the 2nd 11:35 AM 13 Feb 13

Is this it? Dell. To be certain of your specs you could install SIW. Which I am sure I advised on another problem PC you had. The free/home edition is fine.

But if you do have the i5-2400 CPU then it does seem to be running a little high. It should idle at around 20-30C and at full load 50C-60C but this really depends on the cooler.

Hetti 13:50 PM 13 Feb 13

Chronus the 2nd My PC is the i7 version, 2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600S

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:57 PM 13 Feb 13

i7-2600S

Electrical/Thermal parameters

Maximum operating temperature ? 72.6°C

Thermal Design Power ? 95 Watt

Chronos the 2nd 13:59 PM 13 Feb 13

hen I do not think that your temps are high after all,been doing a bit of research and I would say average would be 38 degrees C at idle with fan around 1500rpm, and about 74 degrees C when all cores are running flat out.

As it is an all in one I suspect you are stuck with whatever cooler Dell fitted so I think you will need to live with the noise.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:03 PM 13 Feb 13

sorry that was not the s version

for yours its slightly lower

Maximum operating temperature ? 69.1°C

Thermal Design Power ? 65 Watt

from here

Hetti 14:49 PM 13 Feb 13

Thanks guys, very kind of you all,

That has put my mind at rest,it was the Ashampoo software report frightening me, maybe I should try a different temp monitor.

nickf 15:34 PM 13 Feb 13

I use CoreTemp 1.0 RC3 , seems quite reliable .

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…