Advice on Recorder Please

rawprawn 16:38 25 Dec 08

Our old video recorder has finally packed up and I thought we might buy a new recorder to replace it while the sales are in full swing.
We cannot get freeview, and at the moment we only have the analogue channels. We are supposed to get Freeview in 2011. I want something that will record from the TV now, and still be OK when we go digital, cost is not really a problem.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks and merry Christmas
Rawprawn.

MAJ 16:55 25 Dec 08

A DVD Recorder, rawprawn?

rawprawn 17:10 25 Dec 08

Hi MAJ, I don't know anything about them but I thought a recorder that would record to a Hard Drive.

rawprawn 17:12 25 Dec 08

Perhaps something like this click here

Bagsey 09:17 26 Dec 08

I had a look at the spec of the machine that you had the link for and it would appear to be OK. I use a Panasonic machine which has a similar spec and is excellent. The 160gig Hd is more than adequate for normal usage.I have about 20hours of recordings stored on my HD waiting to be viewed and there is more that enough space for a similar amount of recording. The only difference that I can see is one of cost, yours is cheaper. I bought mine from Amazon for £200 so I would say go for your link machine.

rawprawn 09:26 26 Dec 08

Hi Bagsey can you give me the model number of the Panasonic so I can have a look and compare.
Thanks Rawprawn

jack 09:27 26 Dec 08

is the one to look out for.
My daughter has a Sony RDR-HXD 890 which is a DVD/HDD recroder with dual analogue and digital
tuner capabilities- this then[or similar] will serve beyond the analogue cut off with outrsorting to extra 'boxes'

rawprawn 09:37 26 Dec 08

Hi jack, does your post mean that the recorder I gave the link to for example won't work on analogue TV signals?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:22 26 Dec 08

Your link only says Digital terrestrial PVR (no mention of Analogue.

click here scroll down to bottom of page - PVR for analogue TV

woodchip 11:03 26 Dec 08

Can I ask, why can you not get freeview?

rawprawn 12:36 26 Dec 08

Just not yet available in our area, estimated 2011
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…