Advice re MP3 download sites

truane 17:39 12 Dec 06

Hi,

I want to be able to (legally) download MP3 music, of all genres, with the option of moving them to my Sony Ericsson Walkman. This, I think, precludes iTunes and Windows Media Store which provide AAC, M4P and WMA, etc files. I want to buy just plain MP3 music and I want the sort of selection available on iTunes.

Any suggestions, please?

truane

FreeCell 17:48 12 Dec 06

HMV
click here;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=1530&pGroupID=8

Tesco
click here

FreeCell 17:49 12 Dec 06

Try that HMV link again
click here;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=1530&pGroupID=8

mike1967 17:57 12 Dec 06

Buy the cd from play.com then copy them to you're player after burning them to you're hard drive, much better than any rip off download site we have in the uk currently

mymate 18:06 12 Dec 06

mike1967,I can never understand why people pay nearly the same price for a cd,on a download .Dont make sense to me .

mike1967 18:10 12 Dec 06

makes no sense to me either thats why i posted it, but loads of people still do

Kate B 18:30 12 Dec 06

I don't understand buying digital downloads, either. You pay more or less the same for a file that is compressed and lossy and which comes hedged about with DRM. I'd rather buy a CD and rip it to my preferred format at my preferred bitrate and have the CD as backup. I've seen too many people lose all their tunes in a computer failure.

Totally-braindead 18:32 12 Dec 06

I have to agree with the others, I rip from my CDs too.

MIke 19:14 12 Dec 06

Long live the music cd far better quality than downloads as has already been stated, and less chance of getting corrupted, erased,or lost due to hard disc failure.

Totally-braindead 19:17 12 Dec 06

Woolworths as well click here and Virgin perhaps click here

truane 12:36 13 Dec 06

Thanks, folks. Point taken re being better to rip cheap CD's for MP3's. I can even then re-sell the CD's and get some cash back!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…