Advice re disabling programmes at start-up

Shorty123 20:32 09 Oct 04

I want to disable zone alarm and Catalyst Control Centre at Start-Up (they are causing problems). I can disable zone-alarm in the registry, do I then manually start it after boot up via Start-All Programmes? I have to disable Catalyst Control Centre via Start-All Programmes-Start Up. How do I then start it up manually if I need to, and how do I re-enable it to load at STart-Up if I need to?
Cheers

stalion 20:35 09 Oct 04

if xp go to run type msconfig,startup,and untick the above programs you have mentioned and re-boot

Shorty123 20:55 09 Oct 04

Cheers stalion, but its how to re-enable or start them manually that I need to know, can u advise me? Do I just do the reverse through msconfig?
Cheers

stalion 21:00 09 Oct 04

if you want the programs to load at start up just reverse the same procedure ie:tick them or you can manually start them after start up

Shorty123 21:10 09 Oct 04

Ok ta very much

Taw® 21:36 09 Oct 04

click here makes it much easier

Shorty123 22:33 09 Oct 04

Taw, is that the same sort of thing as regseeker? Its not actually disabling them that worries me, its how easy it is to a) re-enable them if things don't work and b)how do I manually start zonealarm if it doesn't load at start-up, do I do it via Start-All Programs-Zone Alarm?? Advice gratefully received!
Cheers

Strawballs 22:40 09 Oct 04

Just go to start > Programs then click on zone alarm but untill you put it back in startup you will have to do this every time you reboot

Shorty123 23:35 09 Oct 04

Ok cheers strawballs, having a lot of problems with latest zone alarm update and/or Catalyst Control Centre, trying to work out which is causing the failure on boot-up

Taw® 12:34 10 Oct 04

Shorty123 if you use this to disable them you can leave them in the start entry unticked when you want to enable open it up again and enable.

Shorty123 13:16 10 Oct 04

Thanks very much all, got it now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…