Advice on PSU please

BobG65 12:50 08 Mar 03

I'm just about to order components for an upgrade to my system. It will include an Asus A7N8X mb with AMD Athon XP2500+ (Barton core), 2 x HDD, CD, DVD, ect. I want it to be a quiet machine. I won't OC.

My question: I've looked at the Enermax 465AX-VE(G)FMA. Can any one confirm this as being a good choice (or not) and can you explain what the thermal/motherboard controls do. I've tried reading the web site spec but cannot determine if the unit will turn all fans off in S3 suspend mode any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

**nada** 14:07 08 Mar 03

You have probably already heard of them, but click here\uk are supposed to be very good for very quiet pc components (including power supplies).

tenor 14:29 08 Mar 03

The asus mobo has fan controls that turns them right down when proc is underused.Trouble is they run at full speed on boot,and go quiet afterwards!

BobG65 14:56 08 Mar 03

nada, yes thanks, I new of the QPC PSU but I think it's a bit pricey for the spec.

tenor, I think I would be able to stand the full blast for startup. Do all fans, mobo and PSU, switch off or down in sleep mode?

Thanks both

Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…