Advice Plz on Reformat

Sheps 21:33 28 Feb 09

Good Evening to you all,
Now I want to put XP onto my new pc, as it is preinstalled with Vista, anyone that has been helping me this last week will know that i've had problems getting my scanner to work and my camera, as they were only compatible with xp and before.....
So before I do this, can anyone just let me know if its ok to do....
I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SERV PACK 1,
I have an EI System,
AMD Sempron Processor LE-1250 2.20 ghz
and 32 bit operating system,
Now am i safe to remove the vista and install my
xp, will i have to find drivers for the pc or not, this is what i am worried about, i've reformatted loads of times, but that was on my old pc, which was already on xp. I just need some sort of reasurance that i'm ok to go ahead and i wont be needing anything....
many thanks , sorry its a bit long winded lol...
Paula

MAJ 21:41 28 Feb 09

You will need XP drivers for all the hardware components of the new PC, don't do it unless you have all those.

Sheps 22:15 28 Feb 09

Oh thank you so much MAJ for that info, this is why i asked, cos I read about alot of people doing this to their laptops and then finding out that they didnt have the drivers, well I wont do it then, as thats why over my head, if it was a case of just putting the xp disc in and letting the pc reload xp i'll do it, but drivers OH NO....this is the problem i've been having with vista, my printer and camera were on xp and now i cant get the drivers to work stuff, Many thanks for the warning, your a great help, thank you Paula

Strawballs 00:45 01 Mar 09

What is the make and model of the system?

canarieslover 09:27 01 Mar 09

If you post the make and model numbers of the printer and camera there might be information available to enable you to use them with Vista. Cameras are usually treated as external storage, like a usb drive, so that you can drag 'n drop files in Windows Explorer. Other than that a memory card reader will normally do the trick.

Sheps 19:33 01 Mar 09

Just to let you all know I have solved the above thread. I have given the answers on the thread...
"Drivers for printer". So i no longer need to reformat my pc Yipee.....
regards
Paula

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017