Advice pls, keep getting asked to register

AngeTheHippy 09:15 08 Jul 09

Morning Chaps,

Not my problem actually, my neighbours. Some months back he bought a Philips PC. Apparently, this has been happening only a couple of weeks, when he opens Explorer he gets a screen asking whether he'd like to register his product - he ignored it a few times then gave in and registered. This hasn't however stopped the screen asking him to register from re-appearing! This happens each time he powers up. Any ideas how he can get this to stop please?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 09:16 08 Jul 09

I'm pretty sure it's os is Vista...

birdface 09:22 08 Jul 09

What product. Was it to activate Windows.

AngeTheHippy 09:29 08 Jul 09

I'm not sure - he's out at the mo so can't ask... 8-(

Sounds like it can't be - when I say some months, thinking about it I believe it's almost a year ago - I know you've got (?) 90days to register windows - or it is 30 days? Yeah, 30 I think...

xx

birdface 09:59 08 Jul 09

Just wondering if it could be Avast I think you have to register that every year.Or it could be a trial version of something else.If you could find out what it is I am sure someone will have the correct way of removing it.

AngeTheHippy 10:28 08 Jul 09

I'll go around there this pm and have a shuftie. He's convinced it's the Philips PC website though..

x

AngeTheHippy 16:00 08 Jul 09

Explorer/tools/internet options ... set start page: He'd by mistake (dunno how!) set it to this register page. I set it to Google. All sorted,

SIMPLES!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…