advice please anyone

lindalu 14:50 12 Nov 06

im running on xp and id like to re formatte my pc anyone advise me how to do it. the pc didnt come with a disc to do it so i gather its built in. thanks in advance xx

SB23 15:25 12 Nov 06

Did it not even come with a restore disc?

sean-278262 15:47 12 Nov 06

What make and model of PC do you have. There should be some option in the start menu to do this. Alternatively download an ISO copy of a windows XP disk that you can use to restore the PC. This is not illegal as you legitimately own a key for windows and are making a back up to restore your computer with.

lindalu 15:56 12 Nov 06

many thanks for the replies, ive found out all i have to do is hit the f11 key on start up....takes me to a straight re formatte.....didnt need a disc xxx

wee eddie 21:47 12 Nov 06

What do you plan to do after you've Formatted your HDD?

This could be important!

p;3 22:54 12 Nov 06

as the thread has not been returned to by lindalu, one wonders if the pc is now useable as, as you say, what are they expecting to happen or be able to do once the reformat is done:)

lindalu 07:19 13 Nov 06

ones pc is working fine thankyou!!!! i didnt reply because i turned my pc off and went to supply food to my children like a good mother should. i expect after my re formatte, to install all my programs back on my pc and be rid of all the junk that was on here, is that ok????

dms05 07:53 13 Nov 06

Do you mean just a reformat or are you able to reinstall a complete version of XP from the hidden partition after pressing f11 as you boot up?

If it's the latter - before you go ahead check SP2 was included in the hidden partition, if not download that (burn to CD or DVD) before you reinstall and install SP2 after you've reinstalled XP.

Then reinstall all your programs.

Lots of reinstalling I'm afraid!

wee eddie 08:03 13 Nov 06

To the best of my knowledge, Reformatting removes everything.

lindalu 08:09 13 Nov 06

the boot disc must already be installed in the pc. booted it back to factory settings reinstalled avg/firewalls ect up and running again now!! thanks x

wee eddie 16:50 13 Nov 06

I thought that you were going to Format your HDD and end up with nothing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…